Japanese people like to eat potatoes because they are cheap. Very useful And stored for a long time today, ANNGLE will introduce the benefits of potatoes that should not be overlooked. And how to make potato salad and miso glazed potato This is a delicious menu that is good for the health of Japanese people, you can try it.
Potatoes are the tubers that are very healthy. This is because it contains half the calories of rice and the same amount of vitamin C as an orange and 7 times that of an apple. The vitamin C in potatoes is difficult to destroy even after boiling. The area near the potato skin is also rich in nutrients, including iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamins B6 and C, and chlorogenic acid. Which are polyphenol compounds that play a key role in being powerful antioxidants For cooking methods to preserve the most vitamins and minerals is Bringing potatoes boiled whole or eaten whole. This method will preserve the value of 90 percent of the vitamins and minerals.
- 3 small potatoes or 2 medium sized potatoes, or approximately 200 grams
- 1⁄2 carrot, or about 70 grams
- 1⁄2 cucumber, or about 50 grams
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Pepper and salt
(If you like, you can add 30g of chopped ham, 40g of sliced onions, a hard-boiled egg or a little Japanese vinegar)
How to do it
1. Wash the potatoes using a scrub brush to remove soil or sand from the skin. Then boiled the whole shell until soft Which can be checked by using a skewer into the meatballs and then feeling that the potatoes are soft.
2. Peel the carrots, cut them into small pieces, then put them in a heat resistant container. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 600 watts for 2 minutes, thinly sliced 2-3 millimeters (if you like crispy, add the finished cut cucumber to mix with the salad. But if you want the flavor of the cucumber to go well with your salad, add a slice of the cucumber, sprinkle a little salt and put it aside for 5 minutes, then use your hand to gently squeeze the liquid out of the cucumber). Thin and can be put in the microwave with carrots.
3. Remove the hard boiled potatoes, peel them off, and use a mashed spatula while they are still hot. The hot potato pectins that cover the starch structure are elastic. The pectin is not destroyed by grinding and the starch structure is not destroyed. This results in a more deliciously crunchy texture than mashing while the potatoes are cool. Resulting in mashed potatoes like mochi.
4. When the potatoes are warm to the touch (50-60 degrees Celsius), mix together the mayonnaise, cucumber and carrot mixture. Then add salt and pepper to it, and serve it to your liking.The mixture while the potatoes are warm will help the mayonnaise to blend in with the potatoes for a delicious flavor.
- 2 potatoes, approx. 200 g
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon oil
How to do it
- Wash the potatoes with a brush to remove dust and soil until clean. Use a knife to cut out the root eye area. And cut them into bite-sized pieces
- Fry the potatoes in a frying pan with oil. Stir until all over and cover the pan. Open the pan and turn over the potatoes for 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Add miso, sugar and water to the pan. Stir until combined. Spoon into a snack plate while still warm.
- Add miso, sugar and water to the potatoes that have been fried until they are soft.
Miso-coated potatoes ready to eat
Potato salad is a dish that can contain vegetables or other ingredients according to the cook’s taste. This is a popular dish that Japanese housewives and the author do when they can’t figure out other vegetables. One serving can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. In addition to being delicious to the palate of family members Potato salad is also a healthy addition to most of the fried or grilled main meals. The same goes for miso-glazed potatoes that are healthy snacks made from the squared values of miso and potatoes. Have time to try it.